New Author Publishing: Specializing in ”print on demand” publishing for Canadian Authors. Located in Brockville, Ontario Canada.
Are you a new author? Do you have a manuscript that is ready for submission? At New Author Publishing, we make it easy for new authors to get published. We handle the technical and administrative side of the publishing process so you can focus on the thing you love most: writing!
What we do:
New Author Publishing serves the market gap between “DIY self-publishing” and “traditional publishing”. We partner with the Author from the manuscript stage, and continue our partnership through the sales and marketing stage. This results in a low cost, easy way to have your book published. We do not sell “publishing packages”. Instead, we publish your book and then share the royalties with you.
How the process works:
- Submit your manuscript for an honest review.
- You will be contacted to iron out details such as timing, royalties and “author copy” pricing.
- You will be sent a basic author-publisher contract for review.
- Your book interior will be polished, formatted and prepared for printing.
- With your input, a cover will be designed (front and back).
- An ISBN is assigned and a proof copy is ordered for review.
- Once we are both happy, your book will be approved for printing.
- Sales channel distribution is set up through Amazon.com (print and e-book).
- You order enough printed copies to cover your book launch and signing.
- Marketing efforts continue (by both of us) to get your book on the local best sellers list.
How your book gets sold:
- Your book will be set up for distribution through Amazon.com. When someone orders a print copy, it will be “printed on demand” by our selected printing company and shipped to the customer by Amazon. Amazon will credit a royalty to New Author Publishing which will be distributed to the Author at 50%. Amazon will also sell and distribute the Kindle e-book format.
- You will have the opportunity to sell your own book. This may be at a book signing event, speaking engagement, direct author sales, consignment at a local book store or through your own website. You may purchase your books at a discount through New Author Publishing in quantities of 20 or more. Your discounted cost will allow you to make a profit when you sell your own books.
- Expanded distribution is also available. This will make your book available on-line through Barnes and Noble and many other on-line retailers.
How much does it cost?
Authors only pay for copies of their book. A proof copy costs $40 (including delivery) and is required for review prior to release. If your book requires 2 rounds of proofing, the fee is charged each time. The only other cost for the Author is for discounted copies of your book for “author sales”.
How does the Author make money?
Authors are paid 50% of the royalty on all print and e-books sold. Authors will also keep the proceeds from all “author copies” they sell themselves.
How does New Author Publishing make money?
New Author Publishing provides the services described to publish your book in exchange for 50% of the royalties received. We also mark up the printing cost by a small amount on each “author copy”.
The big picture:
After reading the information above, you may be deciding if publishing your book in partnership with New Author Publishing is right for you. Your decision is about where you will focus your time and effort.
For a new author, getting sales traction is the biggest hurdle between you and sales success. After writing a book, sharing and selling your book is the greatest satisfaction. You can write a great book, but people need to know about it to buy it. Your book needs to be sold in the world’s biggest book store (Amazon.com), and it needs to be sold and marketed in person by you. Publishing, printing, setting up distribution and dealing with technical and administrative tasks in the background can all be done by New Author Publishing. You are then free to focus on your books sales traction.
Are you ready?