Welcome to the first chapter in the Publishing 101 series by New Author Publishing. The series is designed to help a new author understand the practical side of book publishing in an attempt to make the journey as painless as possible along the way.
The chapters will speak directly to the author. What do you (the author) need to know, and do, in order to be successful?
We’ll cover topics like:
- What is an Author Platform and how can I build one?
- Should I have a web-site and how can I create one?
- How can a Facebook Fan Page or a Twitter account help my reach?
- What are the two most important things a writer should spend his/her time on?
- What publishing options exist?
- What is your definition of success?
- The importance of treating your book like a business.
You may be asking why an author needs to be concerned with some of the items on the list. The short answer is that, although you may not be intimately involved with each topic, you should have a basic understanding to make informed decisions along your journey.
- Chapter 2: New Author Publishing Introduction
- Chapter 3: An Author’s Two Most Important Activities
- Chapter 4: Build the Foundation of your Author Platform.